Nintendo Server

BloomTheHedgehog

Staff member
Moderator ★
Aug 25, 2019
Sylvania, Ohio, U.S.A
I had made this suggestion on the discord before, but I wanted to see a more thought out response.

What is it?

Chances are if you've been onto a couple of trade servers in the past, you may have noticed some seem to run more vast, interact-able maps based on the Legend of Zelda series or Banjo Kazooie. I've been on alot of these servers before and found them to be very popular among players for one reason or another, be it detail, gameplay, or just general fun. The Nintendo Server would run maps like these, and function similar to how trade_plaza or minecraft_neon do, a trade map with no real objective and only trade, death and fun.

Why would you want it?

As stated above, these maps are very popular among the TF2 community. Plenty of areas to explore, tactical flanking routes, and interactability beyond your wildest dreams. Adding a server that runs a plethora of these maps (determined by a nextmap vote.) would most likely boost player count by a considerable amount. On top of that, the maps are just generally fun and guarantee to be a hit.

Possible plugins to use for it.

I don't really have a say in how the server gets made, IF it gets made, that's entirely up to the higher-ups, but should the server be considered by any chance here's some possible plugins to include to make it stand out from the rest:

- Standard Ely.tf Plugins.
- Bhop (but can easily be replaced by the grappling hook).

Pros:

- Maps are fun and hold very few if any glitches.
- Maps are balanced out and not horridly complicated.

Possible Cons:
- Bhop can be abused (if added)
- Maps may prove unfamiliar to staff.

Atom

★ VIP ★
Nov 1, 2018
I think this is personally a good idea. I always like the concept of exploration and learning new things.

Eight

Incognito
Staff member
Manager ★
Oct 21, 2018
Well the decision has been decided against it as of now with the reason being that they're not popular outside of Nintendo servers.
I'm still going to leave the suggestion open. However, yes, Nintendo servers are pretty dead within TF2. We could try out a Nintendo server here, but I don't expect much would come of it.

Atom

★ VIP ★
Nov 1, 2018
I'm still going to leave the suggestion open. However, yes, Nintendo servers are pretty dead within TF2. We could try out a Nintendo server here, but I don't expect much would come of it.
Easiest suggestion would be to allow map changes on idle, trade, or fun servers. They'd still be trade servers, but it'd be more interesting with the uniquity.

Axelsten06

Apr 22, 2020
Seems like a good idea. I would love to see a nintento themed map with just a bunch of everything for everyone.

BloomTheHedgehog

Staff member
Moderator ★
Aug 25, 2019
Sylvania, Ohio, U.S.A
Well if this threat is still open then so are my ideas :3

Possible maps could include:

pkmn_celadoncity_v1
pkmn_ecruteakcity_v4f
pkmn_goldenrodcity_b3
pkmn_saffroncity_b4
pkmn_victoryroad_pl
sm64_hazy_maze_cave
trade_clocktown_b2a
trade_delfinoplaza_final
trade_frantic_factory_v4a
trade_goldenrodcity_v1c
trade_hyrule_oot3d_final1
trade_jollyrogerbay_v3
trade_mumbos_mountain_v2
trade_saturnvalley
trade_smssunsetplaza_a4
trade_supermario64_3
trade_windfallisland_final

Here is also a steam collection that contains some maps that I might've missed above, including some Sonic themed maps (shush it counts ;w;

All of them classics and maps you'd occasionally see on Nintendo Servers.

BloomTheHedgehog

Staff member
Moderator ★
Aug 25, 2019
Sylvania, Ohio, U.S.A
Other things could follow such as:

• BHop (Or Grapple hook could serve as a replacement) This would be recommended as some of these maps are extremely expansive, especially oot3d_hyrule.
  • A model manager for VIPs that allows for switching player model into certain Nintendo/SEGA/Etc characters.
  • Roll the Dice
  • !giveme commands for the newly joined.
  • a !friendly command.