• Being active on our servers (12 h and above connection time). [ ✔ ]
  • Team player with great communication skills (English). [ ✔ ]
  • No limited steam account. [ ✔ ]

Questions:

Nickname: ParaFlaX
Date of birth (dd/mm/yy): Apr 25, 2002
Timezone: GMT+2)
SteamID32 (Url): 257467691

Do you have any admin experience?: I am pushing on my 5th month as an admin at wonderland.tf, and I've gathered numerous amounts of experience there being staff there, and would like to help out different places, therefore I'm applying here. I've also owned a couple of testing servers to learn saucepawn , and creating plugins and generally learning how to use sourcemod.

Why should we choose you over the other applicants?: I have copious amounts of experience being staff, that being just regular toxicity reports, slurs, mic checks, and hackers I've dealt with things usually very swiftly, I've also held high in claims at wonderland through my entire career at wonderland. I am 19 years old, which makes me eligible for NSFW Reports. I handle things with great care, and I do not get emotionally unstable while dealing with rather heated moments.

Why are you applying?: To simply help out, I have become rather experienced in the staffing area and would like to expand my places to volunteer to work.

Anything else you would like to tell us?: Alright, probably my main con in this app, would fall under my playtime, and yes I understand that, but I assure you I will become super active if I would get accepted, just like in wonderland.tf when I first got accepted. I will continue to play at Elysium, make a presence, get known and in general just help out. My vac ban is over three years ago so I assume I won't need an explanation, but if necessary I will gladly go into detail about it.

Troller Guy YT

>:D
★ VIP ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 31, 2019
Great app, no punishments on record
Currently staff for another community which is always a good sign.
Low amount of hours which I find is something you need to work on hugely but as you said you will work on that so good luck with that.
Not really seen you on discord/servers so I can't really say how you behave (within ely oc) good luck anyway

The Letter B

Rhinophymiac
Staff member
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
Jul 10, 2020
Norway
Activity is extremely low, but your experience at Wonderland shows that you know your way around. Therefore I don’t see a problem with the activity issue.

Also Norwegian

+1

Aspect.

Long time, student.
Feb 10, 2021
Pros:
- Fine written application, leaning directly towards Neutral.
- Great experience + Well known at our sister community - wonderland.tf.

Neutral:
- Ban records, clean;
Not known in this community, leaning towards con. - Perspective eyes from some of our staff members/non-staff members.

Con:
- Low activity;
Discord
In-game servers
Forums.

So far, I haven’t seen you bring any significant changes here on Elysium, by reading through your application, you lean towards only what your experience is on wonderland.tf, which brings great thoughts that I'm proud of, however, not good when it comes to relying on only a topic, since for me, it comes off as egotistical. You could be more towards how you'll approaching us of what type of character you are going to be, when staffing with us, which gives only Elysium staff a more pleasant look towards how we'll vote on you, only by little, “I am 19 years old”, brings little information regarding you. Your activity, I want to replicate my activity to yours, why is because when I applied here, I had a similar amount of activity as yours, and I believe only now you started playing on our servers is concerning because while you have the ability to be active, you could've done the same here, as a wonderland staff, just like me before I applied here, since you show that experience to do so, however, this isn't about me, I wanted to mention me on behalf of a wonderland staff, when you are staff as well, got that great experience just like me, I want you to do the best, however, since you just showed up unexpectedly, and with what I mentioned above, I will not be supporting you.

Believe me, I know you can bring promising stuff to this neighbourhood, I know you can, however, by experience time to time, when you applied before this was long ago, applications changed from there and here, I want you to put that effort, while I think you can, I want to be certain of that because I am concerned you’ll burn out and be inactive. We're palls from the other community, but I want what's best and see you work with gaining pros to be staff. So the experience here can be close confident as well.
I hope other staff members can understand where I'm coming from as well.

I wish you good luck with your application.

ParaFlaX

Apr 14, 2019
Norway
Alright going off your responses, I am assured that my only major concern is my activity, which I understand completely, I will be continuing to play and report people on a daily basis from now on end, I promise all of you.

Geno

demomain?
★ VIP ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 10, 2021
due to the concerns mentioned before I'll also not support you.

Luke*

★ VIP ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 11, 2021
Hello ParaFlaX, while your activity is low I feel like its not a good enough reason to decide my vote. You have great staffing experience and you have been putting in the effort and time to become staff here. While I'm not the best one here to judge on activity I hope to see you improve on that even more. I feel like with more effort put into time you could be a great staff member here.
+1

ParaFlaX

Apr 14, 2019
Norway
Changing vote to Neutral due to recent screenshots coming to light
Alright, the screenshot which I presume was me and @Meruphobia. arguing. And reflecting upon it at a glance, was very immature of me. So me and Meruphobia have a history together, which does not justify my way of lashing out on a negative vote on my application. To be completely honest am I not used to getting negative responses on applications, which is why it got pretty heated. I reflected more on it, and I came to the conclusion that I have faults other than having low activity, to lay it out, I have a hard time accepting criticism, and I sometimes get an ego, which caused the whole argument in the first place.

To digress I really regret creating that argument on discord. And I personally apologised to Meru shortly after. I wanted to apologize for my actions since it's pretty unjustified to lash out on that, and not accept criticism when it arrives. Thanks.

Clu

-_-
Staff member
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
Mar 21, 2020
The way you reacted and from what you have said - "I have a hard time accepting criticism"; "sometimes get an ego" - makes me feel that some punishments will be given out without full or proper justification; I also feel that consistency in regards to punishing rule breakers will be lost if the player has somehow hurt your "ego" or has criticized you. While I appreciate the apology you made, I am sorry to say that I cannot look past this.

Your low activity does not concern me as much considering you have been on (from what I can tell) most days during the last several weeks, however, activity and "popularity" should be earned before you apply rather than during the application process.

Despite this, your past staff experience on the source engine shouldn't be overlooked, this is especially true due to the similarities in the way Wonderland and Elysium are in terms of punishments.

In short, this recent situation has reflected quite poorly on your position as a staff applicant, but your staff experience is desirable. I wish you good luck!

Neutral; leaning to -1

Eight

Incognito
Staff member
Manager ★★
Oct 21, 2018
Application declined per request of applicant.

Status
Not open for further replies.