Resolved What, exactly, is bannable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millionsofcatz

Oct 2, 2020
I was just banned from the Achievement LA server. Now, it was only for 60 minutes, and I'm not too angry about it, but I'm struggling to understand what exactly I was banned for. Here's the situation:

[NAME] : million stop rn last warning
「Math」 Time end! No answer.
Canadian boy killed really really Russian guy with force_a_nature.
bettername.jpg killed Ok cool beans with force_a_nature.
Millionsofcatz killed [NAME] with iron_bomber.
Dahruk Serpentis killed Canadian boy with scattergun.
HENENE CROWED : what how am i getting hit
bettername.jpg killed Ok cool beans with force_a_nature.
[NAME] : ok million
Canadian boy killed really really Russian guy with force_a_nature.
Dahruk Serpentis killed Ok cool beans with scattergun.
[NAME] : funny guy huh
Cat | Millionsofcatz : yes
Dahruk Serpentis killed Canadian boy with scattergun. (crit)
Cat | Millionsofcatz : I think so

Disconnect: You have been banned by this server, check https://bans.elysium.tf/ for more info
Admin: [NAME]
Reason: trolling
Length: 60 minutes.

Basically, I was killing who I found out was an admin. And, well, I guess he's not entirely at fault; I was, for lack of a better term, targeting him. But I was pretty cool with all of the enemy team except for him, and had no reason to kill anyone but him. I've omitted his name from the logs because it's really not personal. But, I just want to know, is targeting like this bannable? You'll notice at the beginning he gave me a "last warning" (this is despite the fact that I was never given any warnings beforehand) but personally, I didn't take it as "oh no, it's my last warning before I get banned", because I didn't even know he was an admin. He spoke about 3 times in chat the entire time I fought him, and neither of us used VC, (that is, unless I muted him beforehand, which I didn't check for.) so I had no reason to think he was an Admin. I just thought he'd go rage heavy again or something. The reason was "trolling".. am I in the wrong?

I'd like to make it clear that I didn't insult him, didn't taunt or anything like that, I honestly thought it was a nice fight we were having. if needed, I have the full (well, relatively full) logs from the fight, but I don't wanna make a scene. I just want to know: is this bannable?

Snoop

★ VIP ★
Honorary Member ★
May 10, 2020
Targeting one person solely is borderline harassment (unless it is a duel) but besides that you were being helped by another player who was banned for showing you a cloaked spy which is not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.